WASH Institute provides Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India, to facilitate implementation of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) and the Swachh Bharat Mission (Rural).
Key Technical Support for Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban)
• Facilitate capacity development of National, State and ULB levels for sustainable spread of improved sanitation and hygiene by enabling them to design, execute and operate systems related to sustainable sanitation.
Key Technical Support for Swachh Bharat Mission (Rural)
• Develop a robust monitoring, learning and evaluation framework to support the mission's ability to efficiently track program implementation and initiate early course correction, as needed.
• Facilitate evaluation and validation of new and affordable sanitation solutions for all parts of the sanitation value chain in collaboration with the relevant central/state agencies.
• Identify and facilitate piloting of innovative ICT based solutions for efficient program implementation.
• Develop strong project management systems and tools for increasing efficiencies in the MoUD for procurement, financial management and project delivery and ensure seamless transition to the MouD personnel to continue managing SBM activities.
• Providing capacity building support to 1651 Gram Panchayats (GP) around Ganga river across five states namely Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and West Bengal,
• Assisting 10 pilot iconic sites as part of the 100 Iconic Sites initiatives under SBM with sanitation linked advisory.
• Assisting MDWS in institutionalizing and strengthening the Rapid Action Learning Units (RALU) framework
• Assist MDWS in developing strong project management systems and tools for increasing efficiencies in the identified Ganga Districts and Iconic sites for procurement, financial management and project delivery and ensure seamless transition to the concerned personnel to continue managing SBM activities post the completion of this engagement.